FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN: DAY 34
WHERE THE LEADERS ARE CAMPAIGNING
* Scott Morrison will begin campaigning from Melbourne
Watch the Federal Election 2022 on Channel 7 or stream it for free on 7plus >>
* Anthony Albanese will begin the day in Darwin
WHAT THE COALITION WANTS TO TALK ABOUT
* An expansion of a program to get more high school students into sport, with more than $20 million to grow the Sporting Schools program.
* Support for surf life saving clubs, with $4.8 million pledged to help clubs purchase equipment.
WHAT LABOR WANTS TO TALK ABOUT
* A $750 million fund to strengthen Medicare over three years from 2023/24, to help improve access for patients and make going to the GP more affordable.
* A $220 million grant package to provide GPs support to upgrade systems, buy new equipment and upskill staff.
WHAT IS MAKING NEWS
* Scott Morrison has pledged to change aspects of his prime ministership should he be re-elected, admitting he can be a bit of a “bulldozer”.
* A Chinese military spy ship was spotted off the coast of WA heading north, which Defence Minister Peter Dutton called an act of aggression.
THEY SAID WHAT?
“A bulldozer knocks things over. I’m a builder.”
– Anthony Albanese on the prime minister’s new moniker.
“I know there are things that are going to have to change with the way I do things.”
– Scott Morrison on whether he is listening to voters.